Sunday 19 October 2008

Externalities





Market failure is an economic inefficiency where allocative and productive efficiency are not achieved.


Productive efficiency is using all resources.


Allocative-full satifaction of consumer.


Externalities-affect to the third parties. There are two types of externalities.


1 Negative


2 Possitive


Examples of negative extarnalities:

1 Productive. One factor produce something. It effects on environment so it is negative externalities.


2 Allocative. For example, if I buy ciggarates I will achieve my satisfaction but it will affect to a person who is staying next to me.


Private cost+external cost=social cost


Examples of positive externalities. If I buy an aftershave lotion it will be really good smell and for example my girlfriend will like it. So it's positive extarnality.


Private benefit + External benefit = Social benefit

1 comment: